This article details the expected functionality of a portion of the refreshed Absorb LMS Admin Experience (AE). Click here to learn more about this free upgrade available to you.
As the System Admin (or as any Admin with the permission to Manage Translations based on their role), you have the option to customize the written content displayed within your Learner Interface in a language supported by the Absorb LMS and that your LMS has been configured to. (Click here to see a list of the languages that are supported by the Absorb LMS.)
You have the option to present the content to your Learners as defined by Absorb in your chosen language, or you can make changes to any of the Learner-facing text displayed in your portal.
Note: These translation keys do not apply to course names, course content, or any custom fields.
The following instructions guide you to the Translations Report within your Absorb LMS portal.
You can also filter and sort these Translations to create a custom report by:
- ID - The unique identifier generated by Absorb to distinguish this Translation from others contained in the LMS.
- Key - This is what the Translation will be named wherever it appears in the LMS (mandatory). It is not shown in the learner interface and is used for Admin identification purposes only.
- Language - This drop-down menu provides the choices available to the Admin for which the Value will be displayed in when the Learner views it in the portal. The default setting for this field is English.
- Value - This is what the translation will be named wherever it appears in the Learner Interface (mandatory). It is this text that the Learners will see displayed in their portal in each of the Languages that the portal has been configured to support.
Note: You can also use this report to Add a new Translation or Edit an existing Translation
Add New Translations
The following instructions guide you on how to add a new translation key in your Absorb LMS portal.
The following instructions guide you on how to edit a translation in your Absorb LMS portal.
After you Edit the Value you will return to the Translations Report and you will be able to take additional actions on the edited value. To do so, choose the edited Key and then select:
Reset Translation to erase any previously saved changes made to the Value and restore it back to Absorb's default configuration (which the Admin will be prompted to confirm).
- Any changes previously made in creating the custom Value will be permanently removed from the Key (and the LMS) once this is performed and cannot be recovered.
- Deselect which will clear any Translation Key selection made by the Admin in the Translation Report.
Note: Delete Translation is greyed out because it is not possible for an Admin to delete a TranslationKey in Absorb. Once the existing Key is re-saved the Admin can run a filtered report on the group of Translations in the LMS.