This page was put together with new system administrators in mind, who are unfamiliar with Absorb LMS, and looking to get up to speed with basic operations. Below, you will find fifteen articles from our knowledge base which will be a great launching point to get started. We welcome you to go through all fifteen below, as well as peruse all of our other documentation within the Knowledge Base as you need it.
- This Getting Started article will take you through important setup items, and a number of other essentials. It's a great place to start, and will get you acquainted with the LMS.
- You will frequently access the admin interface where the data available to you is displayed in a report-style framework. This article will lend insight into how reports work, and how to read them.
- In order to manage users, you will need to ensure that you have your admins set up correctly. Admin Roles & Permissions will go into detail as to what is available for set up.
- This secondary article will cover how admins can be set up to manage specific departments or groups of users.
- Given the variety of lesson types available, this video will provide insight into the options for setting up an Online Course.
- If you are unfamiliar with ILCs, you will be able to get orientated with them, and learn how they can be set up within Absorb.
- The inclusion of Absorb's Mercury module in your portal will depend on whether your organization elected for the optional add-on. You can learn about News Articles, Billboards, Polls, and Contests through this introduction.
- If you have eCommerce enabled on your portal, you will be able to get started with selling courses, and get further details about the eCommerce module including transactions, and coupons.
- While one of the above knowledge base inclusions spoke to Absorb's Report Interface, being able to use report filters will greatly help you find the data you require. Here, you will be able to understand how you can isolate and/or summarize a specific data set.
- The File Manager within Absorb is where you will manage the bulk of your files, resources, and third-party courses where applicable. Here, you will be able to read about the interface, and how it works.
- These two articles will cover how you can access saved layouts created by you, as well as to retrieve previously generated reports.
- Communication is an important aspect when managing users, and these two articles will explain how they work, and the different types available.
- While communication is important, having the correct language for users is as well. Nearly every word that a user sees in the Learner User Interface can translated into another language through Absorb's Translations. This article will cover the workflow for setting these up.
Absorb's YouTube Channel
On our YouTube channel, you'll find a number of videos that will provide some of the basics of the LMS. They cover some of the same topics as the articles featured above, however they are roughly four minutes in length in order to be easily consumable.
The Absorb Academy was built for both new and experienced system administrators alike, and features a number of videos that will show you various areas of Absorb. You can find this through the admin interface under the Help & Support menu.