The Manager Experience is a manager-focused view of LMS learners. It allows your people leaders access to their team’s learning data in a simplified and user-friendly workflow. The Manager Experience enforces a concept of a user hierarchy, where you can define the relationship between Managers and the Users they oversee instead of having to use the department hierarchy for user management.
- The Manager Role will define the scope of access available to a Manager in the Manager Experience so that Admins can provide an appropriate level of access to each Manager.
- Managers will be able to access an overview of enrollment data for their team, along with user-specific training results which can be filtered to display the most relevant scope of data.
- Managers can enroll their learners into content as well as send messages to remind them of upcoming deadlines or other important information.
- Managers can access the Manager Experience directly, or by navigating to it from one of the other LMS Experiences, this article outlines login and navigation options in more detail.
The Overview Dashboard enables Managers to get a quick snapshot of their team’s enrollments and enables them to use each widget as a filter to drill down into the Learners View and focus on the data that’s most relevant to them.
Note: The ability to drill down into the Learners View is only available when viewing Direct Reports.
Overview Dashboard Data
The following information is available on the Overview Dashboard:
1. Company Logo
2. Navigation Menu
- This will be highlighted to indicate the Manager is viewing the Overview Dashboard currently
- This will navigate the Manager to the Learners View with the Enrolled Status filter applied
3. Main Menu
- Admin Experience
- This can be used to navigate to the Admin Experience
- Only Users who have the Admin user type will see this menu option
- Reviewer Experience
- This can be used to navigate to the Reviewer Experience
- Only Users who have the Reviewer user type will see this menu option
- Learner Experience
- This can be used to navigate the Learner Experience
- Only Users who have the Learner user type will see this menu option
- Log Off
- This can be used to log out of the Manager Experience
4. Status Widgets
- For each widget, a count of enrollments is displayed along with a visual circular progress bar which indicates the proportion of a given status relative to total enrollments
- The counts only reflect enrollments for the Manager's Direct Reports unless Include Indirect Reports is enabled
- The counts only reflect Active enrollments
- Each widget can be used to navigate to the Learners View and automatically apply the selected widget as a Status or Priority filter.
- In progress
- Pending Approval
- Not Started
- Not Complete
- Expiring in 14 Days
- Due in 14 Days
- Include Indirect Reports
- When this is enabled, the Enrollment counts for each status display the count of Users spanning Direct and Indirect Reports
- In this view, it is not possible to navigate to the Learners View using the widgets
The Learners View of the Manager Experience provides Managers with a streamlined overview of their Direct Reports' learning results.
The following results are available for each Learner:
- Course Enrollments
- External Training
Managers can use three different types of filters to narrow down the content presented in the Learners View:
Note: Managers can also view the Direct Reports for one of their own Direct Reports to see results for their extended team.
Direct Report Results
The following information is available for each Direct Report presented in the Manager Experience:
- Learner Full Name
- Profile Picture
Data for the following aspects of training results is available in the Manager Experience:
- Course Enrollments
- External Training
Note: When a Curriculum is presented in the Manager Experience, the individual Courses which make up the Curriculum are also displayed so long as the Learner has an Enrollment in them
The following information is available for each type of record:
- Course Name
- Course Thumbnail
- Course Type:
- Online Course
- Instructor-Led Course
- Session Name
- Relevant Date:
- Completed Date
- Enrolled Date
- Last Modified
- Session Date
- Enrollment Status
- Priority Statuses
- Completion Progress Percentage:
- This is not displayed for Instructor-Led Courses
- Course Name
- Date Award
- Date Expires
- The Certificate file will either open in a new browser tab or get downloaded through the browser depending on the file type of the certificate
- Competency Name
- Competency Level
- Date Awarded
- Credit Type
- Credit Count
- Course Name
- Completion Date
- External Training Template Name
- Expiration Date (if applicable)
- Additional details can be displayed for the External Training item
By default, the Learners View of the Manager Experience will display all Enrollments, Certificates, Competencies, Credits, and External Training for the Manager’s Direct Reports.
- If any filters are applied, the scope of data presented in the Manager Experience will be reduced to align with the filters applied
- When filters are applied, only Learners with data aligned with those filters will be presented
- None of the filters impact the count of Direct Reports presented for each Learner
OR logic applies between multiple selections within a given filter type
AND logic applies between selections from different filter types
Only the following is presented in the Learners View of the Manager Experience:
- Active Enrollments
- Earned certificates
- Awarded Competencies
- External Training
Note: The Filters sidebar can be clasped and expanded.
The Course filter can be used to select Courses or Curricula. When a Course is selected, it will be displayed in the left-hand sidebar to indicate that it is applied as a filter.
- When this filter is used, only Enrollments, Certificates, Competencies, and Credits associated with those courses will be displayed
- This filter can be used in combination with the Status and Priority filters to narrow down further the scope of data presented in the Learners View
- The Courses available for selection align with the Courses for which a Manager’s Direct Reports have an active enrollment
- At most 15 Course filters can be applied simultaneously
Note: If no Course filters are applied, data will be presented for all Courses that align with any applied Status or Priority filters.
Status or Priority filters
The Status filter can be used to select from the list of Statuses. When a Status is selected, it will be highlighted in the left-hand sidebar to indicate that it has been applied as a filter.
- When this filter is used, only Enrollments aligned with those Statuses will be presented
- This filter can be used in combination with the Courses and Priority filters to further narrow down the scope of data presented in the Learners View
- If any Status filters are selected aside from Enrolled, and the Enrolled status filter is selected, all the other Status filters will be de-selected
The Priority filter can be used to select from a list of states associated with enrollments that correspond to Course access and Course completion expectations. When a Priority Status is selected, it will be highlighted in the left-hand sidebar to indicate that it has been applied as a filter.
- When this filter is used, only Enrollments aligned with the Priority Statuses selected will be presented
- This filter can be used in combination with the Courses and Status filters to further narrow down the scope of data presented in the Learners View
Managers with the Users – Modify – Enroll permission can enroll Learners into content by selecting the Enroll action displayed either at the top of the Learners View or the one displayed along with each Learner.
Managers with the Indirect Reports – View permission can enroll their Indirect Reports and Direct Reports into content.
The Courses available for selection align with those configured to allow Manager enrollment under Enable Manager Enrollment. Additionally, the following rules govern which Courses are available for Enrollment:
- Courses with an Expiration Date in the future
- Courses with an Access Date which is in the past
- Courses with Approval enabled
- The Course Enrollment still needs to be approved before the Learner has access to the Course
- Courses with Pre-requisites that the Learner has not completed
- If Allow Enrollment is enabled, the Course is available for selection, however, the enrollment cannot be completed successfully
- If Allow Enrollment is disabled, then the course is not available for selection
Instructor- Led Course sessions are available for selection based on the following rules:
- The Class End Date and Time is in the future
- The Enrollment Start Date is in the past
- The Enrollment End Date is in the future
- Sessions with a capacity limit
- It will only be possible to enroll successfully if the Session has an open seat available
- The Session has Approval enabled
- The Session Enrollment still needs to be approved before the learner has access to the Session
Enrollment into a Curriculum or Course Bundle supersedes any Course level enrollment constraints.
Managers with the Messaging – Message Learners permission can message Learners by selecting the Message action displayed either at the top of the Learners View or the one displayed along with each Learner. Managers with the Indirect Reports – View permission can message their Indirect Reports and Direct Reports.
If a Manager has the Indirect Reports - View permission enabled, then if one of the Learners displayed in the Manager Experience is also a Manager, the number of Direct Reports they oversee will appear next to their name.
- The Direct Reports count can be selected to view this Manager’s Direct Reports
- The banner in the Manager Experience will now display the Name of the Manager whose Direct Reports are being viewed
- Breadcrumbs will be displayed to indicate the hierarchy being displayed as well
- If the new set of Direct Reports are Managers, the count of their Direct Reports will be displayed next to their name.
- Managers can continue to drill down to see results for their full extended team