With the release of the Next Generation Learner Experience, Absorb has combined an intuitive visual UX with a powerful filtering option to deliver a New File Manager feature that will improve your administrative workflow for Admins working with media assets and files.
Note: This feature must be enabled.
A System Admin must navigate to the Portal Settings icon, and select the Users Tab to enable the New File Manager toggle. You must be a System Administrator to access Portal Settings.
Watch this short demonstration of enabling the New File Manager for your Absorb LMS portal.
Written instructions are provided below.
1. Beginning from anywhere within the refreshed Admin Experience (AE), click the Account menu icon.
2. A new menu will appear. Select Portal Settings.
3. Once the page refreshes, click the Users tab.
4. The Enable New File Manager toggle button will be the first option in this section.
Click the toggle button to change its state:
ON = Feature enabled
OFF = Feature disabled
5. Click Save.
If toggled OFF = When an Admin is in a course build and selects the Choose File button while uploading a source such as a thumbnail photo or learning object, an Upload File pop-up window will appear. The Admin will need to choose a file within their own document resource.
Note: As seen below, if you access Files via the Setup icon, you will be prompted to the File Manager view that showcases all the files that have been uploaded into your Absorb LMS portal.
If toggled ON = When an Admin is in a course build and selects the Choose File button while uploading a source such as a thumbnail photo or Learning Object, they will be presented with additional functionalities to reuse, organize and manage media and file assets.
The core functionality options include:
- File Searchability
- Search by File Name
- Filter by where it’s been used previously in the LMS
- Sort results alphabetically, by date added, or by popularity
- Organizing Content
- By adding Tags to your uploads, you can curate content around appropriate themes and label them for easy reference in the future
- Filtering by Tags makes it easy to find the right content in a context that’s meaningful to the Admin
- Sharing Content
- One file can be used across the LMS
- We’ve added a shortcut to one of our most popular content-sharing workflows to allow indirect references to files found in File Manager (aka Deeplinking)
- Managing Content
- Rename files to give them a more meaningful identifier
- Replace files from File Manager and have all LMS entities using that file updated simultaneously
- Delete files that are no longer current or relevant to the organization.