This release is planned for deployment on March 21 at 10am PST/1pm EST/5pm UTC to our North American and March 22, at 3:30 PM UTC for EU environments. Our AU and CN environments will be updated on March 22 at 10am AEDT/1am HKT.
- Learner Experience
- Admin Experience (Admin Refresh Only)
Collaborations have been added to support informal learning that occurs day to day within organizations.
LMS peers can share their knowledge, expertise, and discuss areas of interest. Whether related to LMS courses or on independent topics.
In a social discussion format, peers can form communities of practice or interest and grow the expertise and knowledge within their organization.
This type of social learning and mentorship goes a long way to establishing relationships for the betterment of an organization or team.
Imagine if a team member, whose expertise you respect, had taken courses that they find valuable and they shared that information with you or a wider audience? Are you more likely to learn from that individual or take those courses based on their recommendation?
Through this type of collaboration, you can improve your knowledge and at the same time engage with others, who have put their knowledge into practice, in order to solidify your skills.
- Surface relevant collaboration activity in a feed
- Converse with peers via existing and new social mechanisms,
- Jump between complementary traditional course and informal social learning.
As part of our Engage module...
An admin can create a new Collaboration with Assignment rules, Resources, and Course relationship(s). From the Learner Experience, users can then:
- View a feed of recent collaboration activity, then post and reply
- Like and Share posts of high relevancy
- View and message peers that are members of a collaboration
- Access related traditional course(s) from a collaboration & vice versa
Content Library Updates (Paid Add On)
- Enhanced functionality of Lesson Objects so a user can add Content Library lessons to new or existing online courses. Users can also edit existing Content Libraries lessons
- Assumes that the client's portal has Content Libraries turned on, and the user has permission to view Content Libraries
Admin Experience (Admin Refresh Only)
Intelligent Assist is added to improve the discoverability of actions and reports.
Use natural language to perform LMS administration, like an Absorb Siri or ‘OK Google’ (but without a verbal interface). Intelligent Assist can:
- Retrieve information by going directly to pre-configured reports
- Perform administrative tasks by going directly to various action screens
- Use natural language to ask for reports or administrative actions and system will display suggestions of likely intent
- Select from the suggestions to be taken directly to the right screen with options pre-configured to perform the requested task
With Intelligent Assist...
An admin can query assist in natural language for an action or a report for example you could ask:
- to reset "email@example.com"
- for active learners hired last week
- for learners in Toronto
- for learners enrolled in "My Course"
- the list goes on.