Introduction to Collaborations
The Collaborations section of the Absorb Engage upgrade allows you to create a space where your learners can discuss and share ideas related to a specific topic or Course. Collaborations can be delivered to specific Users, by using availability rules that are similar to availability rules in Courses.
Users can belong to more than one Collaboration. Some of the functionality available to a User are as followed:
- Review Documents and/or Links within the Details of the Collaboration
- Read all Posts associated to the Collaboration
- Like Posts
- Share Posts
- Reply to Posts
- View other members within the Collaboration
- Message another member of the Collaboration, by clicking on the User's name
- Chat with another member of the Collaboration, by clicking on the User's name
- Note: Microsoft Team Integrations must be turned on in the LMS Portal Settings and the User's email populated in the LMS must be the same as the email tied to their Microsoft Team's account.
- Report Activity on Collaboration ( - visible on the bottom right corner of the activity).
- Note: If the User feels the content provided is Inappropriate or Irrelevant, they can flag it on the activity itself and the Admin will see the flag within the Collaborations Activity Report.
To help you become familiar with how to use and implement Collaborations with your training programs, we are sharing the following Use Case scenarios:
Your organization wants to prompt discussions among employees to see whether they prefer to access internal resource documentation from the company intranet or from Absorb LMS. Leadership wants to see an active conversation on what documentation is currently available, what needs to be made available, examples of documentation employees find useful, and where they prefer these resources to be housed.
Your organization wants to prompt discussion among employees about a new training program offered. The Organization would like to see what the Users felt about the structure of the course, how the Users will apply the training to their current roles, and what types of training the Users have seen in the past that works best for them.