This release is planned for deployment on:
Absorb Engage Collaborations
In March, Absorb released the new Collaborations capability to be used as a hub for informal and social learning. Collaborations are organized around a specific topic and include social exchange, sharing of media and can include associated formal courses. With Collaborations, learners gain a go-to resource for learning and sharing knowledge with peers that have a mutual topic of interest.
Collaborations are created by LMS Admins with assignment rules, resources, and course relationships. Learners can:
- like posts
- DM collaboration members
- access the associated resources
- view an update feed for collaborations you are a part of
In the April release, Absorb has enhanced both the administrative and learner side of Collaborations:
- A history of changes made to a Collaboration is now available via the admin View History menu
- To bring requests for specific information to collaborators attention, a special Question/Answer post type is now available. Learners can answer questions, reply, and upvote answers identifying solutions and best practices. An answer can be marked as ‘best’ so peers know which answer resolved the question.
- Learners can now edit their posts to make corrections, comments or replies that may no longer be required, or delete the post entirely.
Note: To use Collaborations, Absorb Engage and the Admin Refresh must be enabled.
Absorb LMS Microsoft Teams Integration
Absorb is integrating Absorb LMS with Microsoft Teams to bring the social capability of Teams together with learning in a seamless experience that promotes employee growth and supports learning initiatives. Absorb LMS and Teams are systems of record for learning and discussion. Bringing them together will enhance productivity through formal and informal knowledge sharing.
This release contains the first step in the integration, which allows Microsoft Teams chat to be used from within Collaborations. With this new capability, a learner can initiate a Teams personal chat with another learner via their LMS social profile, or with a group from within a Collaboration.
Absorb LMS Administrator Experience Updates
- Course Enrollment Status by Department Widget Drill Downs – Admins that have included sub-departments in their widget can now drill down to see the Course Enrollment Status data for them.
- Course Enrollment Status Widget Filtering – For widgets that have enrollment statuses (Course Enrollment Status by Department and Course Enrollment Status by Course), a user can now filter by turning off specific statuses to see only desired data.
- Saved and Generated Reports Widgets Show Report Title and Date – To help recall a saved or generated report’s intended use, the name of the report that a widget was saved from as well as the date it was saved was added.
- Duplicate Dashboard – To enable easier creation of similar dashboards for different purposes, a dashboard can be duplicated, assigned, and have modifications made.
- Bulk Delete Dashboards – To speed the removal of multiple dashboards, a bulk delete capability was added.
Enrollment Report Improvements
To easily find who is overdue on taking a course, or who needs to be reminded to take a course that is nearly due, ‘Days Until Due’ has been added to the Course Enrollment and User Enrollment Reports.
Absorb Mobile Application
(update available April 22, 2021)
To personalize their experience, learners can create and update an avatar image either directly from the camera or from the device image library.
Enhancements and Bug Fixes
- Time Zone Identifier is now displayed correctly for a Learner’s time zone.
- Pop-Up lesson objects accessed via deep links now close correctly.
- Re-Enrollment in learner-side 'my activity' report now recorded correctly.
- After course purchase, course enrollment is now displayed in rare cases where it was not.
- Locked Department is now available on all course types.
- For added flexibility in controlling access, Course Visibility is now rule based and uses two settings similar to availability rules: All Admins/Specific Admins. Any Admin that does not qualify based on the setting/rule combination will not be able to see or edit the course.
- "All Admins" allows every Admin in the client portal to have visibility of the course and potentially edit it [Default].
- "Specific" allows the Admins covered by the specified rules to see and possibly edit the course.
- An error message will show when an incompatible lesson type is added to a course available in the mobile application.
- When the instructor, date, and/or venue of an ILC session is changed, notifications are sent to the learners enrolled in the session.
- The expiry date of an upload certificate can be used as a re-enrollment trigger.
- Pro-tips added to Intelligent Assist.
To include the most up to date information, release notes will be made available the Friday immediately before each release.