Absorb LMS offers the ability to merge user accounts, which conveniently and quickly combines all enrollments, course progress, certificates and other information into one Primary account that the user can then use exclusively to continue their studies. This is useful in scenarios where, for whatever reason, Duplicate accounts have been created for the same user and progress has been made in each account.
- To merge users, simply select a user from the USERS report. This will be the Primary account (the account that will remain following the merge).
- Next, select MERGE USER from the sidebar
- On the following page, you will be able to select the Duplicate User Account (the account that is to be merged into the Primary account).
- Once you are ready to finalize the merge, select MERGE from the sidebar
Determining the Primary/Duplicate Accounts
- Primary User Account
- After the merge, the Primary account will be the Primary account. The user will continue to log in with this account's username/password.
- If both the Primary and Duplicate account contain the same enrollments in the same courses, the Primary account will take priority. All other enrollments will be added to the Primary account as a historical enrollment.
- The exception to the Primary account's enrollments taking priority is where the Duplicate account has a Completed status for an enrollment that matches an enrollment found in the Primary account. In this event, the User's transcript will reflect a Completed status on the enrollment, and the Primary account's enrollment will be made into a historical enrollment.
- User profile data from the Primary account will be maintained
- Duplicate User Account
- Any unique enrollment data, certificates, competencies and other course information that the account has associated with it will be applied to the Primary account
- Any custom / scheduled reports are moved to the primary merged account. The new primary account can modify them as needed.