Applies to: Starter, Pro, Plus, & Enterprise Plans
Absorb LMS uses the Portable Document Format (PDF) format for it's certificates. Typically, these certificates are created for Absorb clients as a part of our onboarding process, but we're also happy to help with small changes here and there should you need them. For these, feel free to submit a support ticket with your request(s). However, if you have access to Adobe Acrobat, or another PDF form editor, this guide will outline how to build your own certificates that pull user data stored in the LMS.
Creating A Certificate
- Create a certificate design in letter (paper) size: 8.5 x 11 inches (215.9 mm x 279.4 mm)
- Leave the areas that should be populated by our LMS blank (i.e. course name, learner name, score, etc.)
Below are the basic steps to create form fields. The idea is to simply copy a form field from the test certificate and paste it onto the clients. Please note that you will require the full version of Adobe Acrobat, and not the Reader version.
- To start out, make sure you have a copy of the Absorb Custom Certificate Client Info PDF which contains a list of all possible form fields. This can be found and downloaded at the bottom of this article.
- Open the test certificate with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Also open the certificate you will be making changes to/adding form fields.
- On the top left there is a Tools menu, navigate there and select Prepare Form
- You'll be taken back to the pdf with the form fields displayed. Make sure you're on the Absorb test certificate. You'll notice on the right is the page with all the form fields listed.
- To add a new form field, select the form field from the Absorb certificate, it should turn blue, ctrl-C to copy it, navigate to the certificate you are working with and ctrl-P to paste it onto the new certificate
- You can modify form field properties by right clicking it and selecting properties. Here you can adjust the name, appearance, position, etc.