In our Setup - Translations online article, we indicated that every word of text in every one of Absorb's Learner supported Languages, is already translated and ready in the Admin's portal as soon as it is enabled in the LMS. While this is entirely true, there are actually a few additional scenarios that might also require a Translation on occasion, should the Admin have need of them.
The Learner Interface comes equipped with a wide assortment of Tiles that can be shown to the Learner for use in their portal.The Admin can assign a name to any of these tiles that are meaningful to their learners, including a word in another language.
To add any of these new Tiles to the Learner's Dashboard, the Admin must go to Templates report. Details on how to add a new tile can be found in this article. Once you have added and saved a new tile, you can hover over the tile to view the Edit option. By clicking Edit, a new window will appear that will allow you to add in a new title in the language of their choice
You can use the Translations tool to customize the tile names by cutting and pasting the correctly translated word from the tool and pasting it into the Title box. Once you save it, the translated title will show on the tile on the Learner's Portal.
Making use of the Translations features available in the tool's standard Report view, is absolutely imperative if an Admin needs to change a term used in the LMS. The reason is, that unless an Admin is fluent in every single Language supported in their LMS, they will be unable locate all of the Values of a particular linguistic Key - unless they have a means of finding them.
As such, the most common workflow that an Admin will be following in the Translations Report will be to:
- Copy from the Learner Interface, the specific text that the Admin needs to change.
- Paste the copied text, to be used as the search term in filtering the Translations Report by Value.
- Use the resulting Value Report to capture the particular Key name associated with the selected text.
- Use the resulting Key name as the search term in filtering the Translations Report by Key.
- Take the resulting Key Report with all of the instances of the Key and make the necessary updates.