As the System Admin (or as any Admin that has been granted the ability to Manage Translations via their defined role permissions), you have the option to customize the written content displayed in your learner interface in a language supported by the Absorb LMS and that that which your LMS has been configured. (Click here to see a list of the languages that are supported by the Absorb LMS.)
You can choose to display the content for your Learners as defined by Absorb in your language choice or you can make changes to any of the Learner-facing text shown in your portal.
To view the translations in the Translations Report, sign in to your Admin Dashboard, choose Setup and then Translations.
Absorb's Translations Report uses the standard report layout. Here you can view a full list of all Translations available for buttons, tiles and other wording on the learner interface. You can also filter and sort these Translations to create a custom report by:
- ID - The unique identifier generated by Absorb to distinguish this Translation from others contained in the Admin's LMS.
- Key - This is what the Translation will be named wherever it appears in the LMS (mandatory). It is not shown in the Learner Interface and is used for Admin identification purposes only.
- Language -This drop-down menu provides the choices available to the Admin for which languages the Value will be displayed in when the Learner views it in their portal. The default setting for this field is English.
- Value -This is what the translation will be named wherever it appears in the Learner Interface (mandatory). It is this text that the Admin's Learners will see displayed in their portal in each of the various Languages that an Admin's portal has been configured to support.
You can also use this report to Add a new translation or Edit an existing Translation.
Add New Translations
To create new Translations, select Add Translation to launch the Translation workspace where the new Translation Key can be created.
Then, type in the name of the Key, select your Language and then add in the Value or the Translation name that will appear in the learner interface. Click Save to save the new translation and to return back to the Translations Report page where the newly created translation will be displayed with the others in alphabetical order. If you click Cancel, the translation will not be saved and you will return back to the Translations Report.
Translations can also be edited. To Edit a translation, selected it from the Translations Report and then select Edit to launch the translations workspace.
Then type in the new Value for this key and click Save to save the change.
After you Edit the Value you will return to the Translations Report and you will be able to take additional actions on the edited value. Select the edited Key and then select:
- Reset Translation to erase any previously saved changes made to the Value and restore it back to Absorb's default configuration (which the Admin will be prompted to confirm). Any changes previously made in creating the custom Value will permanently removed from the Key (and the LMS) once this is performed and cannot be recovered.
- Deselect which will clear any Translation Key selection made by the Admin in the Translation Report
Please note that Delete Translation is greyed out because it not possible for a client Admin to delete a Translation Key in Absorb.