Applies to: Pro, Plus, & Enterprise Plans
Welcome to Absorb!
For those of you just getting started with Absorb, this article will guide you through the Absorb implementation process.
This guide should be reviewed by clients who are completely new to Absorb. If your organization already uses Absorb and you are looking for training on the software, check out our Knowledge Base. Still need help? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Absorb Team
We'll be working with you every step of the way! Here's who you will be working with:
Customer Success Manager
Your ongoing and primary point of contact at Absorb. Your Customer Success Manager is responsible for anything beyond general support after you are live on Absorb LMS - new integrations, feedback, etc.
Absorb Support Team
Your primary point of contact for support after launching. Absorb Support can be reached by opening a ticket in the top right corner of this support site or by emailing email@example.com. Your Customer Success Manager will transition you to Absorb Support as part of your launch.
Kick Off Call
Your Customer Success Manager will be in touch to schedule a kick off call to officially begin your implementation. The purpose of this call is to meet the project team members, establish scope, and identify deliverables & timelines.
Key stakeholders should be included on this call, but technical team members like developers are usually not needed. Separate technical calls will be scheduled to discuss integrations if applicable.
One of your Customer Success Manager's immediate tasks will be discussing your LMS requirements and goals. This information will be used to build an internal client profile, tailor further one-on-one training, and inform future integration discussions (if applicable). Here are some of the questions we'll be asking:
- Who are your learners? Where are they?
- What type of content will you be delivering to your learners (Online vs. Instructor Led, course authoring software, video, SCORM, Tin Can etc)?
- How will your learners be created and updated in the system?
- How will your learners login to the system? Is Single Sign-On being implemented?
- Will learners self-enroll in courses from a catalog?
- Will learners need to purchase courses using the Absorb E-commerce module?
- Are you transitioning from a previous LMS? Is a historical data import needed?
- Are there any specific reporting requirements?
- Are there any other technical integrations that need to be discussed?
A Scope Summary document will be completed based on these discussions and kept for future reference. Feel free to download the Scope Summary template, fill it in, and send it along to your Customer Success Manager before your kick off call. We'll also send along an Implementation Checklist that will be reviewed prior to launch - this is also a good reference when configuring your portal.
Our Resource Planning article may also be useful to review while scoping out the implementation.
Communication & Support
Your Customer Success Manager will send weekly project updates at a minimum. If there are certain people you would like included on these or other types of communications please let your Customer Success Manager know. We also recommend that you ‘Follow’ the Announcements and Release Notes to keep informed of system enhancements and notifications.
Timeline & Milestones
Your Customer Success Manager will work with you to plan an appropriate timeline and target launch date.
Once kick off and scoping are out of the way there are typically a few primary areas of immediate focus:
- Portal Creation: Your Customer Success Manager will provide access to your "live" Absorb portal.
- Branding Requirements: Need to be provided so we can apply them to your learner interface and default certificate.
- Training: Your admins need to attend training before jumping into LMS configuration.
- LMS Configuration: Your admins need to configure the portal, add content, add users (once ready), test, etc.
- Integration Discussions: Technical calls to discuss integrations need to be scheduled.