Applies to: Starter, Pro, Plus, & Enterprise Plans
- Navigate to the course, open up its details, and scroll down to the Availability section:
- Selecting the Department Administrator option will send an approval request email to any administrator who shares the same department as the learner(1). If there are no administrators in the learner's department, or if none of them have emails, the approval request will instead be sent to the administrators of the parent department(2).If you are planning to use this feature you must ensure that your departments and administrators are setup correctly or you could have a large number of unwanted emails going out.
- The Department Administrator option will also send an email to any course administrators that have been setup for that course(3).
- Selecting Other will allow you to choose one of the available optional learners fields to send an email to(4). As an example, if you have an optional learner field called Supervisor Email you can select that field and they will receive the same approval email that the department administrator would have received.
- The Approval Request email can be customized from the Admin Email Templates tab, while the Approval Denied email can be customized from the Learner Email Templates tab.
Instructor Led Training(ILT)
- Navigate to the ILT, edit the specific session you want to manage, then head over to the enrollments tab.
- Selecting the Instructor option will send an approval request email to the session instructor. If the session instructor does not have an email address the email will instead be sent to the learner's department administrator.
- The Administrator option simply skips the instructor email portion and sends the email directly to the learner's department administrator. Note that for both the Instructor and Administrator options, if no department administrator emails can be found then the approval request will instead be sent to the administrator(s) in the parent department.
- The Other option functions exactly the same as it does for online courses.
- ILTs use the same approval emails that online courses do and therefore can be managed from the same place.