Applies to: Starter, Pro, Plus, & Enterprise Plans
Smart Departments (SD) are similar to Departments in that they both group learners, but SDs allow you to use our extensive rule based system to choose which learners are included. A SD can contain Learners from a cross section of different Departments and give your Administrator’s access to a wider section of learners with in your organization.
Creating a Smart Department
- Login to the Admin Interface
- Under the Department category select 'Manage Departments'
- At the bottom of the page select 'Add Smart Department.'
The following page will appear:
- Begin by giving your Smart Department a name, we recommend something that describes the rules you are about to create.
- Select the Department you would like your SD to be put into. Please note this is optional and once you apply a Department rule the other rules you input below will only match the people in that specific Department. If you only want the rules you enter below to apply, you will need to select the highest level Department.
- Enter your rules using the drop down fields provided
- You can create your rules by choosing the conditions "contain", "does not contain" and "starts with" and you can refine your rules with the "and" / "or" parameters.
- When you have entered in these rules a warning will pop up to let you know how many people will be matched by this criteria. It Is important to take note of this number and make sure it is what you expect.
- Select 'Confirm' to save the Rules and create the SD
- Now you will be able to view your SD in Manage Departments. If you would like to see just the SD's in this view, check the box in the 'Smart Depart' column.