Applies to: Pro, Plus, & Enterprise Plans
Using Your Own Email Server
The primary reason for using your own email server is to ensure that your emails don't get blocked by spam filters and/or firewalls. It also allows you to use your own email address for all of the LMS emails which can provide a more immersive experience for your learners. If you do wish to have email messages from the LMS come from your organization's email domain (i.e. email@example.com), the message must be relayed and sent through your organization's own SMTP Server.
In order for you to implement custom SMTP settings within you portal, you will need to open a Support Ticket, and provide the following details:
- Server: SMTP Server Address, e.g. smtp.yourdomain.com
- From Email Address: eg. firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMTP Security: You can choose between None, or TLS encryption
- Port: The associated port on the server
- Username: This is usually the same as the From Email Address, but may be different depending on your settings
Our Support team will enable custom SMTP for you on your portal, and will get back to you to confirm that the request has been completed.
Please note: Absorb does not support sending messages directly as a client's email domain through the LMS.