Several different editions of Salesforce are available. Salesforce Professional Edition has some restrictions that may impact use of the Absorb Salesforce Application:
Note: During the setup any System Permissions that are not present in your edition of Salesforce can safely be ignored. These permissions are intended to streamline the setup process and only the settings that exist in all versions are required for the proper operation of the app.
- Salesforce Professional edition does not include a sandbox environment (although they can be purchased from Salesforce for an additional cost). Salesforce Professional clients without a sandbox will only be able to do limited testing of the app within Salesforce. We recommend setting up the app initially using a small set of test contacts/users in Salesforce and a small set of courses.
- Salesforce Professional Edition does not include the ability to create joined reports. This may effect your ability to create custom reports in Salesforce using the Absorb custom objects.
- Salesforce Professional edition has a limit of 50 custom objects that can be created. Note that the Absorb app will create 16 custom objects within Salesforce. If this increases the total count of custom objects in your instance above the limit, the app will not be installed.
- Salesforce Professional edition has a limit of 100 custom fields per object. Note that the Absorb app will create one (1) custom field on both the Contact and User objects. If this increases the total count of custom fields for the object in your instance above the limit, the app will not be installed.
- Salesforce Professional edition does not include access to the Salesforce Data Loader. There are several possible workarounds to mass update Salesforce data; we recommend setting up a Process in Salesforce Process Builder using the general steps below. Note that these steps will also add the ability to enable contact sync for an entire account at once.
- Create a ‘Sync Account with Absorb’ custom checkbox in the Account object
- Setup a process on the Account object that is triggered when a record is created or edited
- The process should be executed when the account custom field equals ‘True’
- The immediate actions should be set to ‘Update Records’ on the ‘Contacts’ record type
- Set the new field value to True for the ‘Sync with Absorb’ field on the Contact object
- Salesforce Professional edition is limited to 10 total created permission sets (and 2 created profiles). Following the Absorb Salesforce app setup instructions will create 4 new permission sets. If this will increase the total count of created permission sets in your instance above the limit, we recommend adding the permissions from the ‘Baseline’ permission set to an existing permission set, then following the instructions to add further permissions instead of creating a new permission set.