This release is planned for deployment on January 13, 2019 at 9am PST/12pm EST/17 UTC to our North American and EU environments. Our AU and CN environments will be updated on January 15th at 4am AEDT/1am CST.
- New Learner Experience
- Connected Apps
- Scheduled Data Imports
Within the NLE department templates, you can configure an enrollment key override for the Sign Up button that is currently accessible from the the Login page and the Public Dashboard login form. This can be used when you don't want users to have to remember or enter an enrollment key themselves but rather link directly to a given enrollment key. Existing enrollment key rules related to maximum number of uses, start date and expiry date are still valid here.
A different enrollment key can be set up for multiple department routes, meaning users accessing one route can use a different enrollment key than another route as long as the routes are configured for different departments.
Adding enrollment key to the public menu or as a public dashboard tile will still take the user to the enrollment key entry screen. This covers cases where you want to provide an option for the user to sign up using an enrollment key they enter or force a specific key to be used via the sign up button.
In the most recent release we added functionality to upload a background image on the public/private dashboards as well as the login page. We've enhanced the background image feature to include two new properties: image alignment and image opacity.
- Image Alignment - The focal point for the background image can be selected so that when the dashboard/login page is viewed in different browser resolutions the focal point of the image stays in view while other parts of the image are hidden. For example, if the background image contains a skyline near the top of the image, selecting the top-middle will ensure the skyline remains in view when the browser size changes.
- Image Opacity - The opacity for the background image can be set based on a value between 0 and 100. The lower the opacity number, the more of the background color will show through the image. This setting allows you to have a more muted or faded out image to ensure that the dashboard tiles and ribbons remain the primary focus.
We’ve added the popular HR, payroll, and benefits platform, Namely, to our growing list of solutions that integrate with Absorb LMS. Namely acts as the source of truth for all your employee information, so you can simplify the management of your learners in Absorb LMS.
With our Namely integration, you can:
- Streamline onboarding by automatically providing access & delivering courses to new hires
- Create workflows to automatically deliver new training to your employees when they need it, like after a change of job or work location
- Be confident that all your learners & admins have the right access to learning content & admin functions based on their current profile info
Features at a glance:
- Sync options: automatically sync all your Namely employees or specify rules for which learners you want to manage from Namely.
- Profile fields: select only the profile fields from Namely you want to be automatically pushed to Absorb. When the integration is enabled, the learner’s profile is updated within minutes of creating or updating them in Namely.
- Department mapping: create & place learners into new Absorb departments based on their Namely employee info (such as their Namely department or location) or specify how to match to departments in your existing LMS department structure.
- Admin access: create rules to automatically set which synced employees should be provided instructor or admin access, and what Absorb learners they should be able to manage.
Contact the Absorb Support Team to have the Namely integration enabled on your LMS portal. Once this feature is enabled, your system admins can authorize the Namely integration and tailor the sync settings directly from the Absorb admin interface.
We've made improvements to the way licenses are administered for BizLibrary content. A system admin is now able to select which learners should get access to BizLibrary content, either by selecting a group of existing users (manual assignment or rule-based) or creating licensing rules to automatically update learner access going forward. With this change a license will only be consumed by a learner when they've launched a BizLibrary course. A learner can be unassigned from the Bizlibrary access group by a system admin at any point until the license is consumed. This makes license management easier, removing the manual effort of assigning licenses to new/updated learners and ensuring that your new learners get access to BizLibrary content immediately.
And with the updated admin site dashboard, you can easily see how many licenses are still available for learners based on how many of your learners have already accessed BizLibrary content.
Department and group admins can now be configured through the REST API. Use this feature to create powerful custom integrations that provision & update admin users that manage only specific sets of learners. Save time by automatically syncing these settings from your HRIS, CRM, or other identity provider applications. Click here to learn more about admin User Management settings. You'll also be able to find the technical documentation here, after the release, under the UsersController section.
Clients with large amounts of lesson data will now enjoy faster lesson activity data imports. This will benefit both historical data imports for our newer clients as well as scheduled data imports for clients automatically syncing this data from other systems. Click here to learn more about scheduled data imports.