This release is planned for deployment on March 17 at 9am PST/12pm EST/17 UTC to our North American and EU environments. Our AU and CN environments will be updated on March 18 at 4am AEDT/1am CST.
The dashboard tile background images can now be customized. This allows for a more customized look within your public or private dashboard. Each dashboard tile can have its own background image, allowing you to customize multiple similar tiles (e.g. catalog, hyperlink, etc.) with a different background image that is related to the content.
Dashboard tile background images can be either PNG or JPG.
The tile background images support similar properties to other background images within the New Learner Experience.
- Image Alignment - the focal point for the tile background image can be selected so that when the dashboard tiles are viewed in different sizes the focal point of the image stays in view while other parts of the image are hidden. For example, if the background image contains a skyline near the top of the image, selecting the top-middle will ensure the skyline remains in view when the tile size changes.
- Image Opacity - The opacity for the tile background image can be set based on a value between 0 and 100. The lower the opacity number, the more of the tile background color will show through the image. This setting allows you to have a more muted or faded out image so that the tile text and icon remain the primary focus.
Increased Maximum Dashboard Tile Height
In addition to the customizable dashboard tile background image in this release, we've added a new maximum tile height that is based on the width of the tiles in a container. This new maximum tile height will automatically appear (think responsive design) based on how many tiles are in the container and the width of the browser window.
With the recent updates where you can customize the max width of a dashboard container, you can include rows of tiles that are larger and more visually appealing.
Customizable Menu Icons
Public and Private menu icons can now be customized. Each menu item can be uniquely customized to provide a design that follows your company theme. If you've taken advantage of the customizable dashboard tile icons, for a more consistent look you can add the same icon to the items in your menu. Each menu item can have its own icon, allowing you to customize multiple similar menu items (e.g. custom) with a different icon that relates to the content.
We support PNG and SVG image files.
- SVG - the colors in the file are replaced with the menu theme color.
- PNG - existing colors within the file are retained.
Stay tuned: this functionality will be made available some weeks after our March release. We're working with our ADP partners to plan our big launch, and will provide updates when our Connector Apps for ADP Workforce Now® and ADP Vantage HCM® are available in ADP's App Marketplace.
Within a few weeks we'll be launching a new turn-key integration with ADP, a forefront global provider of comprehensive human capital management (HCM) solutions.
Our initial release of the Absorb Connector for ADP Workforce Now® and the Absorb Connector for ADP Vantage HCM® seamlessly connects your Workforce Now or Vantage employees to training where and when they need it, with simple & flexible setup to your existing Absorb LMS.
- Simplify management of your learner profiles: get automatic updates to your learner's personal or employment information when updated in ADP Workforce Now® or ADP Vantage HCM®
- Streamlined onboarding: instantly add your new hires to Absorb LMS and setup workflows to automatically deliver onboarding training to new employees
- Immediate updates for important job & life-change events: your core HR processes like employee transfers or terminations or important personal life-changes will trigger near-real time updates to their info in Absorb -- and a daily sync will keep the rest of your Absorb learner profiles up-to-date
- Flexible setup for your unique learning contexts: select which personal/employment profile info in ADP is relevant to your learning contexts, and flexibly map to your Absorb learners' profiles, departments, and admin / instructor access permissions
- Easy access to your learning content: assign your learners to your Absorb Connector App in the ADP Marketplace to allow learners to login to Absorb via Single Sign-On (SSO)
Scheduled Data Imports
Enrollment Key Enhancements
Enrollment Keys can now support additional configuration when being created or updated as part of a one-time or scheduled data import. These changes allow for more flexibility and control when syncing enrollment keys from external systems.
- Specific field configuration: This allows each enrollment key created through a file import to contain a different set of user fields that must be filled during sign up (e.g. Middle Name = Read Only).
- Custom new user email templates: This allows each enrollment key created through a file import to have a different email template delivered to users on sign up.
Our enrollment import has been enhanced to trigger leaderboard point issuance when creating or updating 'Complete' enrollments through a bulk file import. This allows clients who are importing enrollment records from other systems to take full advantage of our leaderboard points feature.