The Absorb Learn App allows your Learners to access the Learner Experience through their iOS and Android mobile devices. This article provides all Admins details about the features available to your Learners through the app. It also provides some troubleshooting information, explains how to access additional help and provides links to additional resources about the Absorb Learn Mobile App.
Once your System Admin configures the Absorb Learn app for your portal, your Learners will be able to access the app through their iOS and Android devices, including phones, iPads and tablets. The branding of the Absorb Learn app will appear consistent with their web Learner Experience and Learners will see any department specific branding, your logo and the highlight and status colors displayed on your web Learner Experience. Learners will be able to sign in through the Service Provider Initiated SAML SSO settings that have been configured in your web LMS or by entering the LMS URL and their typical username / password.
When Learners are signed in to the Absorb Learn Mobile App, they will have access to your browsable Course Catalog and they will be able to access an Online Course or Curriculum with lessons that are:
- File-based object lessons (e.g. PDF, DOCX, XLSX,etc.) housed in or outside your LMS
- File-based videos (e.g. MP4) housed in or outside your LMS
- eLearning created in SCORM 1.2 & 2004 lessons
- TinCan/xAPI lessons
Learners can access these lessons online or offline through this app by downloading it. If Learners complete a course offline, they can synchronize their progress once they have connectivity.
When accessing the mobile app, Learners may experience some common issues noted below. We have provided possible causes and solutions for these issues below as well as information on how to reach out to the Absorb Help Desk for additional assistance if needed.
- Learners could experience errors when attempting to sync their progress from the Mobile App to the web LMS.
- Likely cause: Since a Learner can download their Courses and make progress while offline, they may experience conflicting issues if an Admin has deleted or modified the Lesson or unenrolled the Learner while they are attempting to make progress in the Course.
- Solution: To eliminate any synchronizations issues, we recommend avoiding simultaneous changes to a Course from the mobile app and the web LMS.
- When Learners login to the app using their using their correct name and password, they may receive a message that says "Access Denied. Please contact your Administrator."
- Likely cause: The Absorb Learn mobile app has not been turned on.
- Solution: System Admin will need to turn ON the Enable Mobile App setting for your portal.
- When using the iOS and logging in to the app using their correct name and password, the Learner may receive a message that says "An unexpected error has occurred."
- Likely cause: The System Admin has not added a default Language for this Learner.
- Solution: System Admin will need to turn add a default Language for this Learner by signing in to the Admin Dashboard, selecting the User, selecting Edit User and then add a default Language on the Details tab.
- A Learner may not see any Courses in their mobile app Catalog.
- Likely cause: The Admin has not turned ON the Enable for Mobile App setting under the More tab in the Course or Curriculum for this Learner.
- Solution: The Admin will need to set the Enable for Mobile App setting ON for each Course (or Curriculum) so it will appear in the Catalog.
If Learners continue to experience any issues after the solutions below have been implemented, you can open a support ticket by going to https://support.absorblms.com and selecting Contact Us. Be sure to include the following information:
- Device and OS information (e.g. iPhone, iOS 12.3.1 or Samsung Galaxy S9+)
- Issue details (e.g. error message received)
- Steps taken to fix the error
- How to Configure Your Portal for the Absorb Learn Mobile App (for System Admins)
- How to Enable the Optional SSO Setting for Absorb Learn Mobile App (for System Admins with SSO Configuration)
- How to Configure Courses for the Absorb Learn Mobile App (for all Admins)
- How do Learners Login to the Absorb Learn Mobile App? (for all Admins)
- How do Learners Review and Enroll in Online Courses and Curricula in the Absorb Learn Mobile App (for all Admins)
- How do Learners Download and Sync Offline Progress Using the Absorb Learn Mobile App? (for all Admins)