This article contains information applicable to the refreshed Admin Experience (AE) and previous versions of the Absorb LMS product.
This article provides details and instructions on how to configure Single Sign-On (SSO) for your learners who use the Absorb Learning Mobile App.
- Learners with a username/password combination can manually log in to your organization's Absorb LMS portal using the Absorb Learning Mobile App.
- If your organization uses Service Provider Initiated Mode SAML SSO, you do not need to take any further steps. Your learners are able to authenticate into the mobile app using that current SSO configuration.
- If your organization uses Identity Provider Initiated Mode SAML SSO, your learners will not be able to authenticate into the mobile app unless you do one of the following:
Option A: Update your Absorb LMS portal SSO configuration from Identity Provider (IdP) Initiated Mode to Service Provider (SP) Initiated Mode.
- Option B: Add a new SSO configuration using Service Provider (SP) Initiated Mode, and associate it with a new LMS Route.
- Option A: Update your Absorb LMS portal SSO configuration from Identity Provider (IdP) Initiated Mode to Service Provider (SP) Initiated Mode.
For more information about Absorb SAML SSO, check out the Incoming SAML 2.0 Single Sign-On article.
Special Considerations: The ADP Connector SSO is not currently supported by the Absorb Learn Mobile App, and you will need to leverage a separate Service Provider Initiated SAML SSO if this workflow is preferred for mobile app Learners.
Instructions: Option A
- Update your Absorb LMS> Portal Settings > SSO configuration to the following:
- Mode: Update selection to Service Provider Initiated.
- Login URL: Update this URL address value to the SAML request endpoint of your Identity Provider.
- Confirm that your Identity Provider LMS Route is set up as an Identifier/Entity ID.
- Submit a request asking Absorb Support to create a new LMS Route associated with your Absorb LMS portal.
- Update your Absorb LMS portal SSO settings to include an additional SSO configuration separate from your current primary one, using Service Provider Initiated Mode.
- In your Identity Provider create a new configuration using the new LMS Route.