This release is planned for deployment on January 19 at 9am PST/12pm EST/4pm UTC to our North American and EU environments. Our AU and CN environments will be updated on January 20 at 4am AEDT/1am CST.
- Learner Experience
- Learner Mobile App
We've made some performance improvements to the catalog specifically to how courses and categories are loaded. The improvements will be most noticeable when loading courses including categories and also when navigating in to a given category.
Timing improvements will be dependent on factors like number of courses and number of categories (and sub-categories) and range from 10-50% quicker. As part of the changes, we have removed the sub-category count within the categories in view. Counting the total sub-categories was a costly query that did not provide as much value as showing the count of courses within the sub-category (which still remains).
Within this release, we've made two quality of life updates to the Course Details page:
A learner can now re-enroll in the course from the course details page. This is especially useful to clients who deeplink their learners right in to the course details page versus allowing browsing of the catalog or my courses. It also helps save a click for the learner if they want to re-enroll in the course and don't have to navigate back to the catalog or my courses pages.
We've added a message if no ILC sessions are available for enrollment. This update should help clarify to learners whether there are no available sessions for enrollment.
We've implemented a search model that learns over time and adjusts the search results based on what a learner has searched for and how often a result is clicked on. This feature leverages some of the data that is used within the Search Analytics Report that was released in December.
- If learners are consistently clicking on search results that aren't at the top of the list then over time the model will return these results higher as they're considered important by other learners. This feature works when learners search for the same term such as "Excel basics" or "compliance".
- Course availability and other visibility rules are still honored to ensure we do not display courses to learners they should not have access to.
- Learners are no longer presented with a page not found after creating an account via an enrollment key link.
- Fixed text wrapping issues when viewing some pages on a mobile device.
- The dashboard container title text color has been correctly applied.
The following are targeted for release on January 22 after the LMS release:
- Added support for Skill Pill Content Library lesson content by honoring the availability and consumption of licenses from our mobile apps.
- Added support for a mobile logo that is of SVG format.
- Ensured the count of lesson attempts for SCORM & TinCan continues sequentially from online to offline workflow and back.
- Ensured maximum attempts for SCORM lessons with an embedded assessment is honored when online & offline.
- Fixed progress tracking and attempts for SCORM 1.2 content that sends data per slide.
- Improved error handling and messaging when entering a non-LMS URL or when entering an LMS URL without connectivity. (Android only)
- Added a "More" hyperlink to Course Details for long course descriptions. (Android only)
- Ensured all menu items (e.g. Back Button in Search page) use localization terms. (iOS only)