This article provides information and guidance on a portion of the Absorb LMS Admin Experience that is now upgraded to the refreshed Admin Experience (AE).
Please visit our Absorb Admin Refresh Checklist article for more details about what is available with the free Absorb Admin Experience upgrade.
The Organization Default Layout allows you to configure the set of columns and items per page, that will be displayed for a particular Report for all Admins within the portal.
- The permission that allows a System Admin to set the Organization Default Layout for a Report is not listed in the permission user interface and is not conferrable to any duplicated, or ad-hoc custom Admin roles.
- When a System Admin has set an Organizational Default Layout for a Report, there is no indication to other Admins that they are seeing a curated selection of columns and items, per page.
- The Organization Default Layout does not include any filtering or sorting, it strictly affects which columns will be initially displayed for all Admins for the specific report.
- Saved layout functionality is unaffected in that Admins can still customize their view, and create Saved Layouts and a Favorite Saved Layout will be the default layout displayed whenever the Admin visits a report for which they have set a favorite. The Organization Default Layout does not control which columns are available to the selected on a report, just the ones that are displayed.
The control to configure the Organization Default Layout appears in the Report grid header only for System Admins. The control has two state icons:
State: No Organization Default Layout
When there isn't an Organization Default Layout, the icon will appear like this. An accessible tooltip will let System Admins know they should click on this icon to set the current column selection as the Organization Default Layout.
State: Organization Default Layout Applied
When there is an Organization Default Layout applied, the icon will appear like this. An accessible tooltip will let System Admins know that they are currently viewing the Organization Default Layout for the report.
Set Organization Default Layout
Creating a New Default Layout
When a System Admin clicks to set the Organization Default Layout they are presented with a modal:
"This will set your current column selection as the Organization Default Layout for all users. Are you sure?"
Save: Immediately sets the current column selection as the Organization Default Layout and the included columns will be displayed to any admin not viewing a Favourite Saved Layout the next time they visit the Report on which the Default was set.
- Cancel: Closes the confirmation modal.
Override an Existing Layout
When a System Admin clicks on the Organization Default Layout is Active
"A Default Layout for this Report exists, are you sure you want to change it?
Warning: This will override the current default layout.
Last edited by: <Admin Full Name>, on <Creation Date>.
Save: Immediately overwrites the existing Organization Default with the current column selection. The included columns will be displayed to any Admin not viewing a Favourite Saved Layout the next time they visit the Report on which the Default was set.
Reset to Absorb Default: This is the only way to return the Report to the Absorb-designed layout. When this is used, it will be like there was never an Organization Default Layout set for the Report.
- Cancel: Cancels the operation without changing the layout to be displayed.