This article is part of the series created to provide details on features available when using the Admin Refresh interface.
The new Electronic Signature (E-Signature) feature allows you to have learners to acknowledge or "sign-off" that they have met the requirements specified during the Course learning path.
This functionality helps industries that require proof that a learner has read and accepted, signed off on, or completed specific steps, providing the learner with confidence that the learner is appropriately identified.
The Admin Refresh option must be enabled within your portal to access and use this feature.
Table of Contents
- Instructions: How to Build an E-Signature Learning Object
- Instructions: How to Configure a PIN Collection
Instructions: How to Build an E-Signature Learning Object
E-Signature Learning Objects are created when either adding or editing an Online Course. These instructions begin when adding a new Learning Object to the Online Course.
If you choose to use the PIN confirmation method, be sure to configure your PIN Collection prior to beginning to create the E-Signature Learning Object.
|1. Add Learning Object||Beginning from the Online Course > Syllabus section, click the Add Learning Object button.|
From the pop-up, choose the E-Signature option by clicking its radio button or icon, then click the Next button.
Enter a Name for the E-Signature Learning Object.
Enter a Description of the E-Signature Learning Object.
|5. Electronic Signature Agreement||Enter the E-Signature Agreement within the WYSIWYG text field.|
Choose a confirmation Method.
Click the Save button to save and close the E-Signatures pop-up and return to the Online Course build.
- E-Signatures support one language per Course, as with Courses. If your environment supports multiple languages, you will need to create individual Courses and E-Signature Learning Objects to support each language.
- The E-Signature Learning Object can be placed anywhere within the Course Syllabus; depending on the Must Complete settings within the Course:
- All lessons, in any order
- All lessons, in order by chapter
- Exams only
Instructions: How to Configure a PIN Collection
The use of electronically signing a Course using the PIN method is for clients who employ SSO; however, all clients can elect this choice.
Enable Electronic Signatures
|1. Manage Template||Beginning from the Dashboard, click the Menu button and select Manage Template.|
|Click the Settings tab.|
|Scroll to the Profile section and click to expand.|
4. Enable Option
Click the Require PIN Creation for Electronic Signatures toggle button to enable.
Note: The toggle button will turn blue and display a checkmark when enabled (ON).
Click the Save button to save changes.
- Learners will have the opportunity to create their own PIN upon next login after the above toggle has been set for their department (or based on department hierarchy).
- Learners who forget their PIN can have their Administrator reset it for them within the edit user page within the Admin site.