The new Electronic Signature (E-Signature) feature allows you to have learners to acknowledge or "sign-off" that they have met the requirements specified during the Course learning path.
This functionality helps industries that require proof that a learner has read and accepted, signed off on, or completed specific steps, providing the learner with confidence that the learner is appropriately identified.
Table of Contents
How to Add an E-Signature Learning Object
E-Signature Learning Objects are created when either adding or editing an Online Course. The following instructions begin from the Syllabus Course Settings section of an Online Course build.
If you choose to use the PIN confirmation method, be sure to configure your PIN Collection prior to beginning to create the E-Signature Learning Object.
|1.||Click the Add Learning Object button
Note: You can rename Chapter Names. Chapter "#" is the default naming convention assigned.
|2.||Select the E-Signature Learning Object Type
Add Electronic Signature Lesson Settings
|4.||Click the Save button to save your settings, close the popup window, and return to the Course Settings.|
- E-Signatures support one language per Course, as with Courses. If your environment supports multiple languages, you will need to create individual Courses and E-Signature Learning Objects to support each language.
- The E-Signature Learning Object can be placed anywhere within the Course Syllabus; depending on the Must Complete settings within the Course:
- All lessons, in any order
- All lessons, in order by chapter
- Exams only
Configure PIN for Electronic Signatures
The use of electronically signing a Course using the PIN method is for clients who employ SSO; however, all clients can elect this choice.
|1.||From the Admin Interface navigation menu, click Setup.
|2.||From the Templates Report, choose a template by clicking its checkbox.
|3.||Click the Settings tab.|
|4.||Scroll to the Profile block. Click to expand.|
|5.||Click the Require PIN Creation For Electronic Signatures toggle button to change its status.
|6.||Click the Save button.|
|7.||Click the Return to Admin Template button to go back to the Templates Report.|
- Learners will have the opportunity to create their own PIN upon their next login after the above toggle has been set for their department (or based on department hierarchy).
- Learners who forget their PIN can have their Administrator reset it for them within the edit user page within the Admin site.