This article provides information and guidance on a portion of the Absorb LMS Admin Experience that is now upgraded to the Admin Refresh Experience.
Please visit our Absorb Admin Refresh Checklist article for more details about what is available with the free Absorb Admin Experience upgrade.
Table of Contents
Course Uploads are available in the Course Settings section of Online Courses and Instructor-Led Courses. The Course Upload feature allows admins to identify items that a Learner is required to upload to complete a Course. The uploaded document(s) can be submitted for approval before the Course can be completed or the Course can be completed with the submitted document(s).
Examples of Course Upload items:
- Driver's License
- Professional Designation Certificates
- Worksheets completed handouts, drawings, photos, etc.
Click the Add Upload button to open the form to identify the files a Learner must provide to complete the Course.
This action will expand the Course Uploads setting section where you will configure the following fields:
|Label||Enter a label (name) to identify the Course Upload item the learner will submit.|
Click a radio button to select an option:
Note: Approval decisions are made from the Course Uploads report.
*This field is unavailable for the None option.
Important notes about Course Upload Approvals
Adding a Score to a Course Upload
- Entering a Score value for a Course Upload item will not be reflected on the User's transcript.
- This value is for reporting purposes only and does not impact the Course's Credits or Completion.
- The option to add a Score is only available when making an approval decision at Reporting > Course Uploads > Manage.
Adding Notes to a Course Upload
- Notes are only visible via the Admin Experience. This information will not be made visible to learners.
- The option to add a Note is only available when making an approval decision at Reporting > Course Uploads > Manage.
Course Upload Notifications
- A system notification is sent to the identified approver (Course Editor, Supervisor, Administrator, or Other) with a deep link to the Course Upload report. From here the approver will use the action options to make a decision on the submitted content.