This article provides information and guidance on a portion of the Absorb LMS Admin Experience that is now upgraded to the refreshed Admin Experience (AE).
Please visit our Absorb Admin Refresh Checklist article for more details about what is available with the free Absorb Admin Experience upgrade.
This article provides details and instructions for configuring WebEx Virtual Classrooms for Instructor-Led Courses (ILCs). With this integration, your ILC Course Instructors will be able to authorize your Absorb LMS instance to create virtual meetings in your corporate WebEx account. The virtual meeting will be created with the ILC Course Instructor listed as the Host of the WebEx event.
Note: This functionality is only available in the refreshed Admin Experience (AE).
To facilitate your Absorb LMS creating WebEx Meetings, we require that your organization have an account established with WebEx (Webex Virtual Classrooms). For larger organizations with multiple Admins and/or Instructor(s), each Admin will also need an account associated with the larger corporate account.
Authorization allows Absorb LMS to:
- Create meetings.
- Manage (update and delete) the meetings created by Absorb including updating the
meeting schedule/hosts based on changes to the LMS session.
No information (User information or otherwise) is collected from WebEx at any time.
These instructions begin in your Absorb LMS environment's Portal Settings > Edit Client (Info Tab) section.
From Portal Settings > Edit Client (Info Tab), scroll down to the WebEx Meeting section and click the Enable button.
This action will redirect you to the Cisco WebEx login page.
- Log in with your WebEx credentials.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will be redirected to the WebEx settings page in Absorb LMS. You will see a success message confirming that your Virtual Meeting Tool Account (WebEx) has been successfully linked.
When scrolling down to the WebEx Meeting settings you will also see a green Access Authorized note on the top right of the WebEx Meeting box.
- After entering the relevant information into each field, save your settings on the top right.
How to Create a WebEx Venue
Following the instructions provided in the Venues overview article, when you are asked to select a Venue Type, choose WebEx.
How to Configure ILC Sessions for WebEx Venue
- In the ILC Course > Sessions section, you can either click the Add Session button OR select an existing session by clicking the Edit Session button (pencil icon). Each will open a modal (Add Session or Edit Session) where you can adjust the Venue settings.
- In the Add Session/Edit Session modal, scroll down to Venue and select WebEx Meeting.
- Click Save to save your changes and exit the modal.
- When you are finished, commit the changes to the Course by selecting the Publish button.
Important: Your WebEx meeting will appear in your WebEx account after you have Published the Course.
Your WebEx Account will list all upcoming meetings that have been created for ILC Sessions in your Absorb LMS environment.
After an ILC Course is Published, and WebEx is the designated venue, the meeting information will be posted to your WebEx account based on your local timezone settings.
How to Disable WebEx Meeting
If you wish to disable WebEx Meeting from your Absorb LMS environment, this can be adjusted in Portal Settings > Edit Client (Info Tab) section.
- From Portal Settings > Edit Client (Info Tab), scroll down to the WebEx Meeting section and click the Disable button.
- Important: Disabling the WebEx integration will impact all WebEx Meetings in any course within your organization’s Absorb LMS environment.
|Authentication Fail||WebEx Meeting authentication failed.|
|Invalid Instructor||The host is not a valid virtual meeting host to create meetings.|
|Invalid Instructor||One or more fields contain errors. - Unable to create a virtual meeting: instructor must have an email address to add as a host to the virtual meeting Invalid meeting duration: The meeting must not occur in the past.|
|Invalid meeting duration||The meeting duration must be between 10 minutes and 24 hours.|
- The Absorb LMS Instructor identified for the ILC Session (using WebEx as a venue) must exist as a user in your WebEx account.
- WebEx Meetings cannot be set to a past date and must be greater than 10 minutes in duration (WebEx limitation).
- The OAuth Refresh token is valid for 90 days and is updated each time a WebEx Meeting is created, updated, or deleted. If the account is not active for 90 days and the token expires, the LMS Admin will need to disable and re-enable the WebEx Meeting integration to obtain a new token