The Create Course feature allows you to create new content for your users to engage with. To create new content, you will be using Absorb Create, a paid feature that is accessible through the LMS when enabled. In this article, we will guide you through the basics of creating your first course.
Accessing Absorb Create
If you have Absorb Create enabled in your LMS, you can access the Create Course page in two ways. The first is through the Create icon on the left-hand menu, and the second is through the Courses Report.
To access the Create Course page through the Create icon:
- In the Administrator Experience, select the Create icon on the left-hand side of the page.
- In the opened menu, select Create Content. You will be redirected to Absorb Create in a new tab where you can create your new course.
To access the Create Course page through the Courses Report:
- In the Administrator Experience, select the Courses icon from the left-hand menu.
- Select the Courses option from the menu.
- Under the Actions menu, select Create Content. You will be redirected to Absorb Create in a new tab where you can create your new course.
Watch this video for a quick demonstration on how to initiate building a course in Absorb Create.
Create a Course
- Click the Create button located in the header.
- In the Course Creation Wizard, select a theme. This will open a preview window and allow you to explore the theme. You can use the left and right navigation arrows on each side of the preview window to move between different previews of the selected theme.
Note: You can also choose the Start from scratch option to build your own theme using the numerous Player Appearance settings. To use this option, scroll to the bottom of the Course Creation Wizard and select the Start from scratch theme option.
- Click the Use this theme button to select and apply the theme to your course.
Type the name of the project into the Enter your course title field.
Click the Continue button. You will be automatically redirected to the Absorb Create Course Editor and asked to create your first page.
- From the Add Page window, select the Welcome slide from the Theme Templates.
Enter a name for the page in the Page name field. This name will be visible to Learners in the course table of contents.
When ready, click the Continue button to create your page. Once the page is created, you will be automatically redirected to the course page editing space. From there you can either create additional pages or edit existing pages for your course.
To add an additional page to your course, click the Plus (+) button next to the course navigation drop down.
When you have finished adding pages to your course, click the green Publish button in the top right corner of the page to publish your course.