Absorb LMS provides access to a Sandbox Environment which is a near exact replica of your Live Production Environment at the time of Sandbox creation. Some organizations call this a Stage or Staging Environment. The purpose of this environment is to test updates, new content, user imports, etc., and ensure quality of these tests in a production-like environment before live deployment.
It is important to note that any changes made in your Sandbox Environment will not be reflected in the corresponding Live Environment. Likewise, changes in the Live Environment will not be reflected in your Sandbox Environment. This is because the Sandbox is like a snapshot of your Live Environment at the time that the Sandbox is created and there are no live data feeds between the two environments. The data in your Sandbox can be refreshed at your request in order to create a new up-to-date copy of your Live environment. This will overwrite any testing currently in your Sandbox environment.
- The Sandbox does not send emails. This is to ensure that you are able to test features and course setups without worrying about your Users being notified. It also means that the Forgot Password feature will not send out an email, so please let another Admin, Absorb Support, or your Client Success Manager know if you require a manual password reset. If you are onboarding, please contact your Onboarding Specialist.
- Due to the nature of the Sandbox environment, we cannot guarantee performance standards, provide uptime guarantees, or disaster recovery procedures. Do not use the Sandbox as a place to store data.
- Not all content from your Live Production Environment will be copied to the Sandbox Environment. Specifically, SCORM, TinCan, and AICC courses will not launch. Videos will not launch.
- Sandbox Environments that are not logged into for 6 months or greater will be deleted.
- If you have received a Demo Portal during the Sales process, this is not the same as the Sandbox Environment and the Demo Portal will eventually be archived.
How to Access your Sandbox Environment
If you are interested in a Sandbox or are having difficulty logging in, please contact Absorb Support or your Client Success Manager. If you are onboarding, please contact your Onboarding Specialist.
Once your Sandbox has been created, you can access it through a unique URL that is different from your Live Environment. This URL will be provided by the Absorb Representative that has created your Sandbox. This URL is most commonly in the format of company.sandbox.myabsorb.com, where company.myabsorb.com is the URL for your Live Environment.
Your credentials to log in will be the same as your credentials in your Live Production Environment at the time of Sandbox creation.
Note: If you are using incoming Single Sign-on (SSO) to access your Live Production Environment, then we recommend for you to confirm that you remember your Production password and reset it if needed before requesting a Sandbox. Changing your password in Production does not affect incoming SSO.