In Absorb LMS, it is easy for System Admins to provide system access to additional Administrators. Because of this, you may have multiple people who can make changes and updates to your LMS, and it is often helpful to view the historical changes made in your LMS. There is an option to View History within the LMS. This feature allows you to easily see the details of any changes to items such as Courses, Users, FAQs, and Polls. When you select the View History feature on these pages, you will be able to view who made the changes and when those changes were made. This article will discuss how to view the history of Admin changes.
How to View History
1. Navigate to the left side menu, and click on the Courses icon (). Click on Courses to launch the Course Report.
2. You will be prompted to the Course Report where you can select an Online Course, an Instructor Led Course, a Curriculum, or a Course Bundle. Once you select the Course, an Edit action will appear in a blue box on the right side of the page.
3. Click on Edit, then the editor page will launch.
4. Select View History to launch the details window. This window displays the details about all edits and changes made to the selected Course.
- If a System Admin has impersonated an Admin and made changes in the LMS, the History will note the name of the System Admin who performed the action while impersonating. In the example above, AAA Admin is the username of the System Admin who impersonated the Admin.
At times, you may see a User called, "System". There are two reasons you may see the System in your history. The System may represent an:
Integration: You may see the 'System' User when your portal is making an automatic change. This is usually due to a CSV file being imported, updating Users, Departments, HRIS imports, etc.Absorb Employee: Occasionally, after being granted permission by a System Admin, Absorb employees make changes in your portal. These changes may have been performed to test for open Support tickets, by your CSM as they provided assistance in modifying the look and function of your portal, or adjustments completed by Developers to increase performance or functionality, etc.
Reports with View History
You can follow the workflow noted above to access the View History option from many reports in the LMS. Below, we have identified the features that provide you with the View History option:
- Courses (Includes ILC, Online Courses, Course Bundles, and Curricula)
- News Article
System Admins can also navigate through the Portal Settings to view the historic information of the portal.