The Absorb Learning Mobile App currently only supports iOS versions 14, 15, and 16, as well as Android versions 11, 12, and 13.
The Absorb Learning Mobile App allows Learners to access the Learner Experience through their iOS and Android mobile devices, including phones, iPads, and tablets. The branding of the Absorb Learning Mobile App will be consistent with the web based Learner Experience.
When Learners are signed in to the Absorb Learning Mobile App, they will have access to your browsable Course Catalog and they will be able to access an Online Course or Curriculum that has Catalog Visibility > Enable for Mobile App enabled. Supported Lesson types include:
Supported Lesson Types
- Task (Online Only)
- SCORM 1.2
- SCORM 2004
- Tin Can
- SkillPill content library, including licensing check (Online Only)
- LinkedIn Learning content library (Online Only)
- BizLibrary content library, including licensing check (Online Only)
- Absorb Amplify content library, including licensing check (Online Only)
- Go1 content library, including licensing check (Online Only)
Learners can access Lessons online or offline through the App by downloading the Lesson on their mobile devices. If Learners complete a course offline, they can synchronize their progress once they have reconnected to the internet.
Online Courses must have Availability > Allow Course Content Download enabled for the Learner to download the Online Course Lessons and work offline.
Single Sign-On Support
Learners will be able to sign in through the Service Provider Initiated SAML SSO settings that have been configured in the Portal Settings of the Portal.
The ADP Connector SSO is not currently supported by the Absorb Learn Mobile App, and you will need to leverage a separate Service Provider Initiate SAML SSO if this workflow is preferred.
- SSO & The Absorb Learning Mobile App
- How to Configure Courses for the Absorb Learning Mobile App (for all Admins)
- How do Learners Login to the Absorb Learning Mobile App? (for all Admins)
- How do Learners Review and Enroll in Online Courses and Curricula Within the Absorb Learning Mobile App (for all Admins)
- How do Learners Download and Sync Offline Progress Using the Absorb Learning Mobile App? (for all Admins)
Configuring the Mobile App
Prior to enabling the Mobile App for use in an Online Course. The Mobile App must be enabled at the Portal Settings level.
Once Mobile App has been enabled, Systems Admins can brand the Mobile App with its own logo, or change design elements by modifying the Theme. Mobile App availability can now also be toggled on or off for Online Courses.
Enabling the Mobile App
- Access the Portal as a System Admin.
- Login to the Admin Interface.
- Select Account from the right hand side action bar.
- Navigate to Portal Settings. You will land on the Info tab of Portal Settings.
- Scroll down until you locate the Enable App Mobile toggle button.
- Turn the Mobile App toggle ON.
- Select Save from the top right action bar.
Now that the Mobile App has been enabled. Learners can access the Portal via the Absorb Learning Mobile App. An Admin will need to configure Online Courses specifically in order for Learners to access them.
An Admin must turn on the Enable for Mobile App toggle for any Online Course they want to be visible in the Mobile App. This toggle is located under the Catalog Visibility section of the Edit Course page.
Follow these steps to locate the Enable for Mobile App toggle for an Online Course:
- Access the Admin Interface.
- Select the Courses icon from the left hand side menu.
- Select the Courses Report.
- From the Courses Report either Edit an existing course, or create a new one.
- Select the Catalog Visibility button either from the top of the page, or the bottom.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Catalog Visibility section to locate the Enable for Mobile App toggle.
Under the Syllabus section of the Edit Course page there is an optional toggle. The optional toggle is Mobile Device Alert. This provides a Mobile App exclusive notification that the content of this Online Course may not work on a mobile device.
Branding your Absorb Learning Mobile App
The colors you select in your Template for the web Learner Experience will also determine which colors will display in the Absorb Learning Mobile App. Below you will see a chart that identifies which colors you select on your Template and what specific location of the Mobile App is updated.
To access the color options, follow these steps:
- Select the Gear icon from the left hand side to open the Setup menu.
- Select the Templates option.
- Select the Department Template you want to Edit.
- Select Edit from the right hand side.
- On the Template page select the Theme tab.
- Click and expand the Colors section.
|Section of Mobile App Displayed||Displayed Location||Color Setting in Theme|
|Navigation||Navigation Bar tint color||Base|
|Navigation Bar background||Base|
|Progress Bar Fill Color||Primary|
|Root Pop Up||Success Pop-up||Success (Darkest hue)|
|Username Text Field tint color||Primary|
|Username Error tint color||Failure (Darkest shade of color)|
|Password Text Field tint color||Primary|
|Password Error tint color||Failure (Darkest shade of color)|
|Error message label||Failure (Darkest shade of color)|
|Bio Login Button background||Primary|
|New URL Button||Danger|
|Password reset||Username Text Field||Primary|
|Username Text Field Error||Failure (Darkest shade of color)|
|Email Text Field||Primary|
|Email Text Field Error||Failure (Darkest shade of color)|
|Error Message Label||Failure (Darkest shade of color)|
|Password Create||Password Text Field||Primary|
|Password Text Field Error||Failure (Darkest shade of color)|
|Confirm Password Text Field||Primary|
|Confirm Password Text Field Error||Failure (Darkest shade of color)|
|Error Message Label||Failure (Darkest shade of color)|
|Upper Header Background||Base (Darkest shade of color)|
|Lower Header Background||Base|
|Close Button||Header Icons|
|Avatar background||Header Icons|
|Avatar border||Header Icons|
|Camera Icon background||Highlight|
|Camera Icon tint||Banner Button|
|Upper Username color||Header Icon|
|Initials Label color||Base|
|Menu table container background color||Base (Darkest shade of color)|
|Menu Cell background||Base (Medium shade of color)|
|Menu Cell text color||Header Icon|
|Menu Cell Icon color||Header Icon|
|Biometric toggle background||Highlight|
|Course List||Course Rating color||Feedback (Darkest shade of color)|
|Enroll Status background||Primary (Darkest shade of color)|
|Course Enrolled background||Primary (Darkest shade of color)|
|Course List rating||Feedback (Darkest shade of color)|
|Course List Badge text color||Header Icon|
|Badge Menu Button||Header Icon|
|Course Navigation right bar button Icon||Header Icon|
|Course List & Catalog segment background||Base (Darkest shade of color)|
|Course List & Catalog segment text||Header Icon (Darkest shade of color)|
|Sorting options Action Sheet background color||Base|
|Action Sheet item color||Header Icon|
|Action Sheet all items||Header Icon|
|Course Details View||Navigation Bar||Header Icon|
|Back Button||Header Icon|
|Course Description background||Warning (Darkest shade of color)|
|Lesson Activity Status Color - Complete||Success|
|Lesson Activity Status Color - Failed||Failure|
|Lesson Action Color - Complete||Success|
|Lesson Action Color - Failed||Failure|
|Lesson Action Color - Default||Primary|
|Search||Text Field||Base (Darkest shade of color)|
|Place Holder||Header Icon|
|Search Image Icon||Header Icon|
|Clear Button||Header Icon|
|Terms & Conditions||Agree Button||Primary|
|Agree Button text color||Banner Button|
|Disagree Button text color||Banner Button|
How to Add a Logo
If you have more than one Department Template setup in your Portal, the Mobile App will identify the Learner's Department and provide the Department Template that is assigned to them.
- Navigate to Setup from the Admin Menu and select Templates. You will be routed to the Templates page.
- Select the Department Template that needs a Mobile App Logo added.
- Choose Edit from the right-hand side Action Menu.
- Navigate to the Settings tab from the top of the Department Template page and select Logo.
- Click the Logo section.
- The Logo section will expand and you will then be presented with the option to load the Mobile App Logo.
Select Upload a File to add your Logo. Search and find your image and select open or double click to add.
- Admin Refresh Experience - 16 x 16px and 300 KB max size
- Select Save to accept your changes.
When accessing the Absorb Learning Mobile App, Learners may experience some common issues. We have provided possible causes and solutions for these issues as well as information on how to reach out to the Absorb Help Desk for additional assistance if needed.
Learner experiencing errors when attempting to sync their progress from the Absorb Learning Mobile App to the web LMS.
- Likely cause: Admin made changes to the Lessons or the Admin unenrolled the Learner from the Online Course while Learner was working on course content offline.
- Solution: Admins should contact Learners In Progress prior to making any changes that may disrupt their progress offline.
Learner receives the error message, Access Denied. Please contact your Administrator when logging into the LMS through the Absorb Learning Mobile App.
- Likely cause: The Absorb Learning Mobile App has not been enabled
- Solution: System Admin will need to enabled in Portal Settings > Info > Enable App Mobile.
Learner receives the error message, An unexpected error has occurred when logging into the LMS through the Absorb Learning Mobile App.
- Likely cause: The default Language for this Learner is not selected in their account.
- Solution: System Admin will need to select a Language in User Management > Details > Language.
Learner does not see any Online Courses in their Mobile App Catalog.
- Likely cause: The Mobile App setting is not enabled in the setup of the Online Course or Curriculum.
- Solution: An Admin must select Catalog Visibility > Enable for Mobile App for each Online Course or Curriculum so it will appear in the Catalog.
If Learners continue to experience any issues after these solutions have been attempted, Admins can open a support ticket by going to https://support.absorblms.com and selecting Contact Us. Be sure to include the following information:
- Device and OS information (e.g. iPhone, iOS 12.3.1 or Samsung Galaxy S9+)
- Issue details (e.g. error message received)
- Steps taken to fix the error